Swan Therapeutic Services, LLC
529 SE 2nd Street, Suite D
Lee’s Summit, MO 64063
COPARENTING CLASS DESCRIPTION
The Between Two Homes® Coparenting Class focuses on how families can meet the needs of children growing up between two homes. The class is well reviewed and suggested by participants. The class consists of two parts 3.5 hours long that may be taken in either order, though we encourage you to attend Part I first.
We highly suggest parents with difficulty coparenting take this class prior to entering into coparent counseling.
PART 1- THE ADULTS
Part I of the class focuses on adult issues related to coparenting and keeping children out of the conflict.
Topics covered include:
• The Victim Mindset
• Domestic Violence
• Working with the Other Household
• Extended Family/Significant Others
• Suggestions for Coparenting
• Adult Grief
• Conflict Disengagement
• Alternative Dispute Options
PART 2 – THE CHILDREN
Part II of the class focuses on child development and the needs of children growing up in two homes.
Topics covered include:
• Children’s Stages of Development
• Creating the Dual Home Environment
• Parenting Time
• Child Support
• Talking to the Children
• Children’s Grief
• Mistakes Made in Involving Children
• Co-parenting Vocabulary
• Benefits of Co-parenting
• Alienating Behaviors
- All participants must complete both part 1 and part 2 to earn a certificate. To earn a certificate, all participants must stay the full duration of the class.
- Plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to class time for registration. Admission is not allowed after the class begins. Please note you are securing your seat for this class when you make your payment similar to buying an airline ticket. Fees are not refunded to participants who don’t show up or those who show up late.
- If a participant is not able to attend at scheduled time a 24 hour written e-mail notice is required to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- Class time must be scheduled and paid in full 10 days prior to date of class.
- Please select your class carefully as there is a $10.00 administration fee charged per cancellation or rescheduling which must be paid in advance of next scheduled class time or will be deducted from refund.
- A refund will be given on the following schedule:
* Full refund if cancelled 7 days prior to class date
* 75% refund given if cancelled 6 days prior to class date
* 50% refund given if cancelled prior to 5 days before class date
*No refund given if cancelled 4 days or less prior to class date.
A participant is able to reschedule by paying the $10.00 administration fee.
We are offering this class via web for parents who live out of town and cannot participate in person. There is a $15.00 additional fee per each part for web-based learning.The web-based learning will be a live class format. The book will be mailed to the parent prior to start of class.
The class has two parts (7 hours total). The fee for the class (both parts) is $150.00 which includes the required book. Each part may be paid separately or the entire class paid in full at one time.