Swan Therapeutic Services, LLC
529 SE 2nd Street, Suite D
Lee’s Summit, MO 64063
HIGH CONFLICT COPARENTING CLASS DESCRIPTION
We specialize in high conflict coparenting situations. We utilize The Between Two Homes® Coparenting Class curriculum combined with the work of Bill Eddy and Kathleen Bird among others to focus on how families can meet the needs of children growing up between two homes. The class is well reviewed and suggested by participants. The class consists of two parts–each 2 hours long– that may be taken in either order, though we encourage you to attend Part I first.
We highly suggest parents with difficulty coparenting take this class prior to entering into coparent counseling.
PART 1- THE ADULTS
Part I of the class focuses on adult issues related to coparenting and keeping children out of the conflict.
- Rules for Co-parenting
- Maintaining Healthy Boundaries
- Understanding Grief
- Brain Function (fight vs flight)
- Taking Care of Yourself
- Maintaining a Co-parenting Alliance
- Improving Communication
- Healthy Negotiation and Exploring Interests
- Making It All About Your Child
- Obstacles to Co-parenting
PART 2 – THE CHILDREN
Part II of the class focuses on child development and the needs of children growing up in two homes.
- What to Expect
- Grief and Loss in Children
- Rights of the Children
- Maintaining Continuity Between Homes
- Behaviors That Put Children in the Middle–Mistakes 1-22
- All participants must complete both part 1 and part 2 to earn a certificate. To earn a certificate, all participants must stay the full duration of the class.
- Plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to class time for registration. Admission is not allowed after the class begins. Please note you are securing your seat for this class when you make your payment similar to buying an airline ticket. Fees are not refunded to participants who don’t show up or those who show up late.
- Class time must be scheduled and paid in full 4 business days prior to date of class. No refund given if cancelling less than 48 hours in advance.
We are offering this class via web for parents who live out of town and cannot participate in person. There is a $15.00 additional fee per each part for web-based learning.The web-based learning will be a live class format. The book will be mailed to the parent prior to start of class.
The class has two parts (4 hours total). The fee for the class (both parts) is $150.00 which includes the required book. Each part may be paid separately or the entire class paid in full at one time.